With new psvimgtools, we can use this tool to install homebrew bubbles on PS Vita FW 3.60+. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install ARK on PS Vita 3.63 using the psvimgtools.
ARK is a custom firmware for PSP emulator on PS Vita console, which enables you run PSP homebrew, plugins, and backups on your PS Vita.
ARK pboot bubble for Vita 3.60
Install ARK on PS Vita 3.63
1. Get your PSN AID. This is the 16-hex code found in your CMA backup folder path. To quote Yifan:”For example, if I wish to decrypt PS Vita/PGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/NPJH00053/game/game.psvimg then my AID is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”
2. You can now use this site: http://cma.henkaku.xyz/ to get your KEY. Thanks Davee!
3. Download and extract the psvimgtools for your OS. We will need to use the command line/terminal for these next steps.
4. Backup a PSP game from your Vita to your computer using QCMA.
5. Find the PSP game backup in the folder: PS Vita/PGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/[GAMEID]/game/game.psvimg. Copy this file to your psvimgtools folder.
6. Run “psvimg-extract -K YOUR-KEY game.psvimg game”. You will get a folder named ux0_pspemu_temp_game_PSP_GAME_GAMEID.
7. Extract the ARK pboot bubble archive and find the PBOOT.PBP. Use this PBOOT.PBP to overwrite the one in your output_folder which you just generated using psvimg-extract.
8. Run “psvimg-create -n game -K YOUR-KEY game game”. You will get “game.psvimg” and “game.psvmd” in your game folder. Use these to overwrite the ones in your CMA backup folder.
9. Restore the backup from your PC to your Vita using Qcma.
10. Copy ARK_01234 from the ARK pboot bubble archive to PS Vita/PSAVEGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
11. Restore the ARK-2 PSP SAVEDATA from your PC to your Vita using Qcma.
12. Say thanks to yifan.lu, xyz, Proxima, qwikrazor87 and Davee for this neat trick.
Source: [GUIDE] Install ARK-bubble on FW 3.60+
One day ago, Mr idumpvitastuff at reddit released Hidden Applications for PS Vita 3.63, which allows you to launch Package installer and Sign Up For PSN. Package installer will refuse to start on retail Vitas, while Sign Up For PSN enables Account Switching.
idumpvitastuff gives a tutorial about installing it:
0.1 Download Hidden Applications (CreateBackup.zip)
1. Download VitaIMGTools for your OS
2. Obtain your CMA Key From here just enter your AID (the random letters and numbers where your CMA backups are stored.) and it will give you the key
3. put the PSVIMGTools in the same folder you extracted CreateBackup.zip
4. Run the BuildScript for your OS. either the win32 one of osx/linux depending on what you have
5. Paste/Enter your CMA Key and press enter
6. Copy the “HIDENAPPS” folder into your CMA Backups/APP Folder
7 Refresh CMA Database, and restore backup to your vita
Source:[RELEASE] Hidden Applicatons (3.63)
As sky3ds+ new firmware V130 has been released, and it fixed new AP check issue and supports exFAT. It means all new AP check games works with sky3ds+ new firmware V130, such as Pokemon sun and Pokemon moon.
We have updated the sky3ds+ firmware to V130. If you do not know how to update sky3ds+ firmware to V130, please follow the tutorial on sky3ds+ site
Get the roms of Pokemon sun and Pokemon moon. Please notice that the roms of these two games are all over 4GB. If you use microSD card in FAT32, you need to trim the games and then copy the trimed roms to microSD card. Or your microSD card is in exFAT, copy the roms directly to microSD card. Insert microSD to sky3ds+ card.
Power on your 3DS and insert sky3ds+ card. Alert: An internal SD card must be inserted to your 3DS. Or your 3DS will say”The SD card was removed. Press the home button to return to the home menu” when you start the game.
Select the game and press A button to start it.
Now you can use sky3ds+ to play Pokemon sun and Pokemon moon.
As Nintendo 3DS 11.3 has been released for several days, we are waiting the news from gateway team to confirm when the gateway 3ds supports 3DS 11.3 Emunand. Two days ago, gateway team announced that the new gateway firmware for 3DS 11.3 Emunand will be released by a couple of weeks max. As they are working hard for a new update for Gateway.
Please do not update your Emunand until the gateway team confirms that gateway 3ds can support 3DS 11.3 Emunand.
Great news! 3DS flashcards sky3ds+ new firmware V130 has been released. With this new firmware, sky3ds+ can support new AP check games such as Pokemon sun/Moon and Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World.
Sky3ds+ new firmware V130
* Sky3DS+ firmware V130 [02/13/2017]
1.The new AP check issue fixed.
3. Upgrade from FAT32 SD ONLY!(this will always be FAT32)
After reading the changelog of sky3ds+ v130, we can know some important points
1. Sky3ds+ can support new AP check games, such as Pokemon sun/Moon and Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World with firmware update. It can also support all the new 3ds games with new AP check.
2. Sky3ds+ will support exFAT. You can put roms over 4GB to microSD card directly without trimming.
3. You need to update your sky3ds+ firmware with FAT32 microSD card.
Great news. Mr Smealum released the alpha payloads for Otherapp, which allows Soundhax to work on 3DS new firmware 11.3.0-36. Soundhax is really easy way to access to homebrew launcher.
So how to use Soundhax on 3DS 11.3? Here is the soundhax user instruction. If you have installed soundhax before, you just need to replace the otherapp file and new soundhax.m4a compatible with your 3DS firmware version. We have tested on 3DSv126.96.36.199-36J and there is no problem with Soundhax on 3DS 11.3.
Besides, *hax 2.9 alpha payloads has been updated for 3DS new firmware 11.3. Now Ninjhax 2.9 can works on 3DS11.3.
Great news here! We are happy to tell you that the new firmware of sky3ds+ will be released within 3-5 days, quoted from sky3ds news. And the new update will fix Pokemon Sun and Moon issue which means you can play Pokemon Sun and Moon with sky3ds+ new firmware.
Excited about it and I think the news is true. What do you think of it? With accurate date, the sky3ds+ new firmware might have been out. Let’s guess about the new firmware, the version might be v113 or v120?