Good news. HENkaku R9 was released yesterday. The most powerful feature of this update is new HENkaku settings screen.
HENkaku Release 9
■ Fixed a bug in one of the patch that may crash SceShell
■ Disabled triggering of (nonworking) force reinstall in offline mode
■ Fixed slow file reading in molecularShell
■ Fixed crash in installing VPK (thanks d3m3vilurr)
■ Moved HENkaku settings to the official Settings application (thanks The_FloW)
■ Fixed problem of molecularShell corrupting VitaShell theme and settings (thanks The_FloW)
■ (12/05/2017) Added helper menu for users confused with the settings move
If your want to update your HENkaku to Release 9, reboot your console and visit the official site henkaku.xyz within the console’s browser.
HENkaku only works on PS Vita 3.60 now. If you want to keep using HENkaku, please do not update your PS Vita console.
Team Molecule released a video about the new version of Henkaku-HENkaku ensō on PS Vita 3.60. From the HENkaku Ensō page, we know that it might be released on 29th of July 2017.
From the video, we know that HENkaku Ensō is an autobooting version of HENkaku and no longer needs to be reapplied. Besides, Henkaku Ensō may turn taiHEN into a full CFW. There is a important feature of Henkaku Ensō – custom boot logo.
HENkaku Ensō Page: https://enso.henkaku.xyz/
Henkaku Ensō Video
TheFloW released VitaShell 1.61 for fix some bugs one day after VitaShell 1.60 which supports USB massive storage on PSTV/Vita TV. You can update your VitaShell via internet or download the latest firmware from github.
■ Fixed database corruption crash by inheriting ‘calendar’, ‘mms’ and ‘mtp’ when mounting USB ux0:.
■ Fixed bug where insufficient memory dialog appeared on uma0:.
■ Fixed bug where pressing triangle crashed if unsafe mode was disabled.
The famous developer”the TheFlow” has released a big update for his application VitaShell. VitaShell v1.60 can support USB massive storage on the PSTV/Vita TV.
■ Added ability to mount uma0: and ability to use uma0: as ux0:.
■ Added ability to mount game card as usb device.
■ Added possibility to refresh the livearea.
■ Added scrolling text for long filenames.
■ Added ‘Sort by’ option to context menu (R trigger combo removed).
■ Added ‘Electron’ theme by Acemad, the winner of the VitaShell theme contest.
■ Added theme selector.
■ Improved property dialog animation.
■ Fixed text editor bugs.
■ Fixed bug where USB cable wasn’t recognized.
■ Fixed bug where VitaShell left to livearea after deleting the updater.
■ Removed battery icon in status bar for PSTV.
■ File statistics are now inherited when copying.
■ I/O operations speed will now be showed in KB/s.
■ Made control smoother.
How to use an USB flash drive as Memory Card on a PS TV
1. Format your USB flash drive as exFAT or FAT32.
2. Launch VitaShell and press /\ in the ‘home’ section.
3. Select ‘Mount uma0:’ and attach your USB flash drive. You can now copy stuff from/to your USB stick.
4. Once ‘uma0:’ is listed under the partitions, press /\ again and choose ‘Mount USB ux0:’.
5. Your USB flash drive is now acting as a Memory Card.
6. To sync all your apps on your USB flash drive, press /\ and choose ‘Refresh livearea’. This will NOT refresh PSP games.
7. If you wish to revert the patch, press /\ and select ‘Umount USB ux0:’.
With this big update, you can download the latest VitaShell.vpk and update your VitaShell to v1.60
With new psvimgtools, we can use this tool to install homebrew bubbles on PS Vita FW 3.60+. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to install ARK on PS Vita 3.63 using the psvimgtools.
ARK is a custom firmware for PSP emulator on PS Vita console, which enables you run PSP homebrew, plugins, and backups on your PS Vita.
ARK pboot bubble for Vita 3.60
Install ARK on PS Vita 3.63
1. Get your PSN AID. This is the 16-hex code found in your CMA backup folder path. To quote Yifan:”For example, if I wish to decrypt PS Vita/PGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/NPJH00053/game/game.psvimg then my AID is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”
2. You can now use this site: http://cma.henkaku.xyz/ to get your KEY. Thanks Davee!
3. Download and extract the psvimgtools for your OS. We will need to use the command line/terminal for these next steps.
4. Backup a PSP game from your Vita to your computer using QCMA.
5. Find the PSP game backup in the folder: PS Vita/PGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/[GAMEID]/game/game.psvimg. Copy this file to your psvimgtools folder.
6. Run “psvimg-extract -K YOUR-KEY game.psvimg game”. You will get a folder named ux0_pspemu_temp_game_PSP_GAME_GAMEID.
7. Extract the ARK pboot bubble archive and find the PBOOT.PBP. Use this PBOOT.PBP to overwrite the one in your output_folder which you just generated using psvimg-extract.
8. Run “psvimg-create -n game -K YOUR-KEY game game”. You will get “game.psvimg” and “game.psvmd” in your game folder. Use these to overwrite the ones in your CMA backup folder.
9. Restore the backup from your PC to your Vita using Qcma.
10. Copy ARK_01234 from the ARK pboot bubble archive to PS Vita/PSAVEGAME/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
11. Restore the ARK-2 PSP SAVEDATA from your PC to your Vita using Qcma.
12. Say thanks to yifan.lu, xyz, Proxima, qwikrazor87 and Davee for this neat trick.
Source: [GUIDE] Install ARK-bubble on FW 3.60+
One day ago, Mr idumpvitastuff at reddit released Hidden Applications for PS Vita 3.63, which allows you to launch Package installer and Sign Up For PSN. Package installer will refuse to start on retail Vitas, while Sign Up For PSN enables Account Switching.
idumpvitastuff gives a tutorial about installing it:
0.1 Download Hidden Applications (CreateBackup.zip)
1. Download VitaIMGTools for your OS
2. Obtain your CMA Key From here just enter your AID (the random letters and numbers where your CMA backups are stored.) and it will give you the key
3. put the PSVIMGTools in the same folder you extracted CreateBackup.zip
4. Run the BuildScript for your OS. either the win32 one of osx/linux depending on what you have
5. Paste/Enter your CMA Key and press enter
6. Copy the “HIDENAPPS” folder into your CMA Backups/APP Folder
7 Refresh CMA Database, and restore backup to your vita
Source:[RELEASE] Hidden Applicatons (3.63)
TheFloW has updated his Vitashell to version 1.51 and it fixed some bugs with Vitashell 1.5. You can get Vitashell 1.51 from github
VitaShell 1.51 Changelog
■ Fixed bug where ‘Please wait…’ was shown instead of a specifc USB message.
■ Fixed VPK installation crash.
■ Fixed bug where ‘theme.txt’ was always resetted.
■ Updated to newest libftpvita.