The famous developer”the TheFlow” has released a big update for his application VitaShell. VitaShell v1.60 can support USB massive storage on the PSTV/Vita TV.
■ Added ability to mount uma0: and ability to use uma0: as ux0:.
■ Added ability to mount game card as usb device.
■ Added possibility to refresh the livearea.
■ Added scrolling text for long filenames.
■ Added ‘Sort by’ option to context menu (R trigger combo removed).
■ Added ‘Electron’ theme by Acemad, the winner of the VitaShell theme contest.
■ Added theme selector.
■ Improved property dialog animation.
■ Fixed text editor bugs.
■ Fixed bug where USB cable wasn’t recognized.
■ Fixed bug where VitaShell left to livearea after deleting the updater.
■ Removed battery icon in status bar for PSTV.
■ File statistics are now inherited when copying.
■ I/O operations speed will now be showed in KB/s.
■ Made control smoother.
How to use an USB flash drive as Memory Card on a PS TV
1. Format your USB flash drive as exFAT or FAT32.
2. Launch VitaShell and press /\ in the ‘home’ section.
3. Select ‘Mount uma0:’ and attach your USB flash drive. You can now copy stuff from/to your USB stick.
4. Once ‘uma0:’ is listed under the partitions, press /\ again and choose ‘Mount USB ux0:’.
5. Your USB flash drive is now acting as a Memory Card.
6. To sync all your apps on your USB flash drive, press /\ and choose ‘Refresh livearea’. This will NOT refresh PSP games.
7. If you wish to revert the patch, press /\ and select ‘Umount USB ux0:’.
With this big update, you can download the latest VitaShell.vpk and update your VitaShell to v1.60