There is a new kernel version-2.03 for EZ-FLASH IV MicroSD kernel out. It supports GSS switch and individual game GSS switch in KEYSET.CFG, modify the file with your necessary.
EZ-FLASH IV kernel 2.03 changelog:
■ added GSS switch
■ added individual game GSS switch
■ fixed adding data to the end of rom even the GSS is disabled
Download EZ-FLASH IV Kernel 2.03
EZ Flash IV kernel 2.02 has been updated. The new kernel adds GLOBAL SOFTRESET AND SLEEP(GSS) patch and customized hotkey configuration file.
default softreset key combination is “L + UP + B”
default sleep key combination is “L + R + START”
default wake up key combination is “START + SELECT”
Some games can not apply the GSS patch properly, you can use “L+B” to launch them without GSS patch.
If you want to set your own hotkey combination, there is a file named “KEYSET.CFG” in the EZ4Kernel 2.02 package. please check it out. This file must placed in the root of SD card.
Download EZ-FLASH IV Kernel 2.02
EZ-FLASH IV is an GBA flashcard which supports GBA games on all GBA/NDS consoles directly. New version of EZ-FLASH IV Kernel has been updated, and it is 2.01. This new kernel supported on-cart patch engine, improved the patch engine to reduce the loading time, added AP patch.
We’d improved the patch engine, a patch data will be generated after game’s first launch, it will skip the patch process for the future using.
We made a little test for the new patch engine. the 1st run equals kernel 2.00.
size 1st run 2nd run type
32Mbits 27 seconds 9 seconds PSRAM
64Mbits 51 seconds 18 seconds PSRAM
128Mbits 100 seconds 33 seconds PSRAM
256Mbits 851 seconds 652 seconds NORFLASH
The AP patch of known games are implemented. some needs press L + A to launch to get effect.
How to use EZ-FLASH IV 2.01 to play GBA games on GBA/NDS console?
1. Download gba roms from reliable site.
2. Download EZ-FLASH IV Kernel 2.01 and unzip it. Open the folder and copy ezfla_up.bin to the root directory of microSD card.
3. Copy gba roms to the root root directory of microSD card, insert microSD card to EZ-FLASH I.
4. Insert EZ-FLASH I to NDS(Slot2)/GBA console, select one game and press SELECT button and then press A button to write game.
5. After done, pree A button to launch the game.
How to update to EZ-FLASH IV 2.01?
1. Download EZ-FLASH IV Kernel 2.01 and unzip it. Open the folder and copy ezfla_up.bin to the root directory of microSD card.
2. Insert microSD card to EZ-FLASH IV and then insert EZ-FLASH IV to GBA/NDS console.
3. Turn on your console and press R button, it began to updatethe kernel. When update succeeds, your console will be back to menu.