News from gbatemp, a new exploit which was released by TiniVi allows you to
downgrade without the need for DSIWare or another CFW 3DS-Safehax. It can
downgrade your OLD3DS/NEW3DS v11.2,11.1 and 11.0
Safehax User Instruction
Notice: There is a risk of cracking 3DS. Please be careful.
Section I: Go to Homebrew Launcher
Use sounderhax to go to homebrew Launcher.
Section II: Go to Decrypt9(D9)
1. Download step1fasthax.zip and extract it, copy the files in”step1.zip” folder
to the root of your 3DS SD card.
2. Boot up Homebrew Launcher.
3. Launch safehax
4. If the exploit was successful, you will have booted into Decrypt9
Tip: if you are getting black screen when using the safehax entrypoint, please insert one cartridge to your 3DS and try again.
5. Go to SysNAND Options→SysNAND Backup/Restore→NAND Backup→ Press A
6. Press B twice and back to Decrypt9 and do not turn off your 3DS.
Section III: 2.1.0 CTR transfer
7. Download 2.1.0 ctrtransfer image for your device and region
8. Press SELECT on Decrypt9 main menu
9. Do not turn off your 3DS and eject your SD card, then put it in your computer.
10. Copy the 2.1.0 .bin and .bin.sha to the /files9/ folder on your SD card.
11. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS. Press (B) to get to the Decrypt9 main
12. Go to SysNAND Options→CTRNAND Transfer→Auto CTRNAND Transfer
→2.1.0 ctrtransfer image
13. Once the transfer is complete, press (B) to go back. Press left button and
STRAT to turn off your 3DS
Section IV: Install arm9loaderhax(a9)
14. Download step2fasthax.zip
15. Delete the /files9/ folder on your SD card.
16. Extract the.zip folder and copy all files to the SD Card.
17. Open SD:/Nintendo 3DS(32位 ID)/(32位 ID)/exadata/00000000/
Eur region: 00000098
US region: 0000008f
JAP region: 00000082
18. Copy SD:/files/NAND.bin to your PC
19. Insert the SD card into your 3DS
20. Open the browser of your 3DS and access to
21. It will go to SafeA9LHInstaller
22. Press Select to install a9
23. After installation, turn off your 3DS
Section V: Restore the system
24. Download step3.zip
25. Copy SD SD:/a9lh/OTP.bin to your PC
26. Detect these files:
27. Extract step3.zip and copy all files to SD card
28. Insert the SD card into your 3DS
29. Check the box of
Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R
Show NAND or use string in System Settings
30. Press STRAT to save Luma set
31. Turn off your 3DS
32. Press STRAT to launch 3DS and go to D9
33. Go to SysNAND Options→SysNAND Backup/Restore→NAND Backup(keep
34. Press ←↑→↑ A(left key, up key, right key, up key, A button )
35. Press up/down key to find NAND.bin and press A to restore the system.
36. After it is done, press STRAT to reboot your 3DS