Pokemon Sun and Moon has been released for several days. The new Pokemon games are really popular. Which 3ds flashcard can support Pokemon Sun and Moon directly.
However, sky3ds+ users can not play Pokemon Sun and Moon on sky3ds+ as Nintendo team has added one new AP check to this game. Sky3ds+ can not circumvent it currently. Many sky3ds+ users are worried about the issue. Please do not worry about it, and sky3ds team will release a new firmware to circumvent the new AP checks. Once the new firmware is updated, you can download it on sky3ds official team which allows you to play Pokemon Sun and Moon directly with sky3ds+ on 3DS.
So how about gateway 3ds? Can we use gateway 3ds to play Pokemon Sun and Moon? The answer is Yes. In this post, we will tell you how to use your gateway 3ds to play Pokemon Sun and Moon?
Gateway firmware 3.7.2 on N3DS/3DS V4.1-9.2emunand 11.2
micro SD card exfat
Pokemon Sun and Moon
1. Install Gateway firmware 3.7.2 on your 3DS and update 3DS to emunand 11.2
2. A: Clear the Pokemon Sun and Moon in Extra Data (System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Extra Data > Pokémon Sun / Moon)
B: Delete these or back these up: 0004000000175E00.sav and 0004000000164800.sav (Located at the root of your SD Card on o3DS and probably in your internal microSD card on n3DS)
3. Download card1to2.zip and extract it. Place. 3ds ROM of Pokemon Sun and Moon to in the same directory as card1to2.exe
4. Drop the ROM on the card1to2.exe program, press 1 and press enter and press enter again to close the command window.
5. Download Gateway_ROM_Patcher_v1.2.zip and extract it. Open Gateway ROM Patcher 1.2, make sure .3dz is checked and load your Pokemon ROM into it. Make sure that ‘Rename ROM extension to “.3dz” after modification is ticked too. press “Import Header from File”, find and select your private header.
These will pop out:
“This Chip ID seems not adapted to your ROM size. Can I suggest a better value?” SELECT NO.
“This Chip ID seems not adapted to your ROM Media Type. Can I suggest a better value?” SELECT NO.
6. Now that your ROM’s file extension is .3dz with your own private header in it, close the Gateway ROM Patcher 1.2
7. Re-open the Gateway ROM Patcher 1.2, load the ROM and it will ask these questions again:
“This Chip ID seems not adapted to your ROM size. Can I suggest a better value?” SELECT YES.
“This Chip ID seems not adapted to your ROM Media Type. Can I suggest a better value?” SELECT YES.
Then press apply.
Now copy your ROM into your MicroSD then try to play Pokemon Sun and Moon
Source and more details: [Tutorial] Pokemon Sun and Moon on Gateway.