After several months’ hard working, molecule team brings you an easy way to use Homebrew on your PS Vita – HENkaku. HENkaku will only work with system firmware 3.60 on PS Vita.
What is HENkaku?
HENkaku allows you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea of your PS Vita. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages.
What are the features of HENkaku?
1. Supports all current Playstation Vita devices (fat, slim, TV) with system firmware 3.60(ONLY).
2. Install homebrew through FW 3.60 PS Vita’s Web browser, no any other game software and PC program needed.
3. Enable to run homebrews and emulators.
4. Not supports Vita “backups”, warez, any pirated content or any DRM features.
5. Supports any Rejuvenate compatible Homebrew.
PS Vita on firmware 3.60
FTP client on your pc
Memory card with at least 10MB of free space.
Tips：①Update your PS Vita to 3.60 if you want to use HENkaku. And never never update your Vita past 3.60 if you want to keep using HENkaku in the future. If you do update, all your installed homebrew will no longer work and you cannot install any homebrew in the future.
②You must run the installer each time you power off your device fully and reboot it.
③The first time you install HENkaku, the molecularShell bubble will be added to your LiveArea. This allows you to install other homebrew bubbles.
1. Boot your PS Vita with firmware 3.60
2. Visit https://henkaku.xyz on the Web browser
3. Press the “Install” button
4. You will get a “Welcome to HENkaku” message. Press “OK”
5. Once done, the browser will be closed automatically. Then you can install homebrew.
1. The homebrew package you wish to install should be a file with the .vpk extension.
2. Make sure Wifi is enabled and you are connected to the same network as the host computer.
3. Open “shell” by launching the bubble.
4. Press SELECT to start a FTP server. Please note that the FTP server is not password protected. Only run it on a trusted local network.
5. Note the IP address displayed in a message popup.
6. Open your FTP client on the host computer and connect to that IP address.
7. Navigate to “ux0” (this is the root of your memory card) and you can upload the .vpk package here or in any subdirectory.
8. Once you upload all the packages you wish to install you can disconnect the client.
9. Back in molecularShell, press CIRCLE to stop the FTP server.
10. Navigate to “ux0:” and then to where you placed the packages. To install, select the package and press X.
Q: Error C1-6775-5 when launching molecularShell
A: You must run the HENkaku installer again. Follow the directions above.
Q:The web browser shows grey “Please wait…” screen
A: This is normal. Just wait for it, eventually it should load the page and trigger the exploit.
Q: The web browser crashes and an error report dialog appears BEFORE “Welcome to HENkaku” pops up
A: Press “OK” and try again. If the browser crashes more than three times in a row, you can quit the browser (Press the PS button and swipe the LiveArea page from the top right corner or hold the “O” or “X” button depending on your region). Then you can re-attempt installation.
Q: The web browser crashes and an error report dialog appears AFTER “Welcome to HENkaku” pops up
A: Press “OK” and try again. If this happens more than three times in a row, you should reboot the system and try again.
Q: The device freezes or reboots after trying to install
A: The installation has failed. Make sure you have a memory card inserted with at least 10MB of free space. If the device froze, hold the power button for 15 seconds to manually power off the device and then press the power button again to restart the device. You can then attempt to install again.
You need a memory card inserted even when using HENkaku with devices that come with built in memory, such as PS Vita Slim and PS TV.
Q: The web browser automatically closed after installation
A: That is the expected behavior. HENkaku should now be installed. You can launch homebrew applications including molecularShell (see usage directions below).
Q: The screen becomes black after the installation
A: Press the home/PS button and close the browser manually. Installation should be successful.
Q: FTP error
A: Check if you have a firewall on the host computer. Also make sure you’re on the same network as the host.