After long time waiting, gateway 3ds team finally released a Gateway 4.0B private
beta. This 4.0B private beta has added GW Time Machine app & A9LH Installer, but
no 10.3 sysnand support. As it is a private beta, but not the public beta. Gateway
3ds team still works hard on the feedback from beta testers and want to give card
users the the best, safest and user-friendliest program. There will be a public beta, i
guess. Please be careful to use the 4.0B private beta, and there should be still risk
If you want to use Gateway 4.0B private beta, please do backup 3DS NAND and has
one way to restore it. There is new page for Gateway 4.0B private beta and you can
lean it from its Private Beta Program
Gateway 4.0B beta change log (20160601)
1. Time Machine compatibility and stability fixes
2. GATEWAY Menu compatibility and stability fixes
3. Rename ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder to 3DS_BAK (N3DS)
4. Add warning/nag screen when A9LH user tries to boot into sysNAND (to prevent
accidentical sysNAND updates)
5. Time Machine won’t allow 9.x to 2.x downgrade on O3DS (Must upgrade to 10.x
first, then go down to 2.x)
6. OTP.bin is now detected when entering A9LH install and offers a way to re-install
A9LH (without the nand restore step)
7. Users who have an old browser (non A9LH related entrypoint) and were getting
served the wrong payload can now use: http://go.gateway-3ds.com/old/
8. Forced restore of emuNAND for N3DS and sysNAND for O3DS+N3DS prior to A9
Step 1, Download “Gateway 4.0B beta.zip” and extract it. There are two folders on
Gateway 4.0B beta folder: “Console SD” folder and “Red Card uSD” folder.
Copy the contents of the “Console SD” folder on to root of your consoles SD card;
Copy the contents of the “Red Card uSD” folder folder on to root of your GW Red Card
Step 2, Make sure you have WiFi configured and working.
Step 3, Delect “boot.3ds” in your consoles SD card and copy the file “boot.3ds” in
“Console SD” folder and launcher.dat to the root directory of your consoles SD card.
Step 4, Download Time Machine data packs compatiable with your 3DS console
version; O3DS in Jap-tm_o3ds_jap.bin. Copy this file to your consoles SD card.
Step 5, If your 3DS console is above 9.2(for example 10.3 ):
Boot GW_TIMEMACHINE.3DSX using your favourite homebrew entrypoint. In the
GATEWAY Time Machine menu, select “[upgrade] 9.2.0-20J”. Please do not power off
When downgrading finishes, there will be notice to shutdown your
Step 6. Go to gateway emunand menu and select “backup system nand” to backup
your 3DS NAND. Inject your consoles SD card and there will be a NAND.bin file which
is your 3DS nand. Copy NAND.bin to your PC.(If your console is under 9.2, you can
ignore the step 5)
How to setup A9LH on O3DS/O3DSLL/O3DSXL?
1. Go to GATEWAY Time Machine menu, select “[upgrade] 10.3.0-28J”. downgrading
finishes, turn off then power on your console
2. Go to GATEWAY Time Machine menu again and select “[downgrade] 2.1.0J”. When
it is completed, shutdown your console. Then turn on the 3ds and go to system
settings. There will be ver 2.1.0-4J icon which means you have downgrade your 3DS
3. Go to browser and enter go.gateway-3ds.com to access to gateway menu;
Select A9LH INSTALLER, press A Start button and then press Start button to install
A9LH. Please do not power, or your console will brick. Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your N3DS!
How to setup A9LH on NEW3DS/N3DSLL/N3DSXL?
1. Go to gateway mode and make sure you have WiFi configured and working
correctly. Press select button, the GATEWAY Time Machine menu will show.
2. Press the icon and then select”[downgrade] 2.1.0J” and turn off console when done. Then turn on your N3DS console.
3. Boot back into GATEWAY 3DS menu and select A9LH Installer menu option, follow
instructions on screen
4. Turn off your N3DS and inject your consoles SD card. Delect the “Nintendo 3DS”
5. Start your N3DS again, open up web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-
6. Go to A9LH Installer menu option again, follow instructions on screen until
congratulations message appears.
7. Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your N3DS!
Gateway 4.0B private beta faq
Q: My console is not booting into 2.x
A: Try ejecting your SD card, if this helps, rename/delete the ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder
and try again.
Q: Can you provide a BIN file that is compatible with my existing A9LH (non-GW)
A: We’re working on a solution for this.